Which lasts longer bronze or granite?September 21, 2022
How do you restore the shine to granite?September 21, 2022
Tannins, although they can not look particularly attractive, are actually quite beneficial for fish. For this reason I would only ever recommend bogwood bought from a pet store to be lightly washed and then soaked for 48 -72 hours so that when you come to put it into the aquarium that the bogwood doesn’t float.
- Are Biorbs good for fish? The biOrb is a beautiful tank and the lighting makes it look fantastic, especially at night. However, if your interest is in keeping several fish happy and clean, I would not recommend this tank. It's a great decorative aquarium for one or two fish, but any more than that, you'll be taxing the anemic filtration system.
- Do fish guts attract fish? There are many scents that fish absolutely love and there are many scents that fish can't stand. Here is a quick list of the attractive scents and the ones that repel fish. Attractants: salt, fish slime, fish guts, fish extracts, human saliva.
- Is it OK to gut fish the next day? How long before ungutted fish goes bad? If you bleed ungutted fish and then store them on ice or in the refrigerator, they can be kept for 24-48 hours without quality problems. However, it's essential to keep fish cool for this . If you don't keep them cool, you only have 6-12 hours before ungutted fish goes bad.
- Is bogwood harmful to fish? Bogwood contains tannins (organic material) that will leach into your water giving it a tea coloured and stained colouration. This is perfectly harmless. In fact some aquarists even find it desirable when trying to recreate Amazonian black water conditions etc.
- What are the steps in scaling fish? Thoroughly remove any remnant fish scales. Thoroughly remove the gills, fish float, organs and fats around the organs. Remove the blood clots along the spine. Do NOT wash the fish before freezing it. Vacuum pack the fish into a ziplock bag. Thaw and rinse the fish just before cooking.
- Can you steam waxed cotton? don't machine wash it. don't put it in the dryer. don't use soap/detergent/bleach/solvents/starch. don't ever, ever, ever, ever iron or steam it.