What is the difference between pressure washing and soft washing?September 21, 2022
Can AVG be trusted?September 21, 2022
Tomatoes. All other highly acidic foods. Eggs. Delicate Fish. Sticky Desserts (Unless your pan is very well-seasoned).
- Can I use butter in my cast iron pan? Can you put butter in cast iron? Yes, you can cook with butter in your cast iron skillet or Dutch oven. Keep in mind that butter burns at temperatures above 350°F (177°C), so you shouldn't use high heat when you're frying foods with it.
- Can you leave bacon grease in a cast iron skillet? Cast iron cookware retains heat well and cooks food evenly if cared for properly. Part of caring for your cast iron skillet is seasoning it to keep the surface smooth and to give it a non-stick sheen. Although you can use oil or shortening to season your cast iron skillet, bacon grease works just as well.
- Can you wash cast iron with soap? Can I use soap to wash cast iron? Contrary to popular belief, you can use a small amount of soap to clean cast iron cookware! Large amounts of soap can strip the seasoning off your pan, but you can easily re-season your pan as needed.
- Should cast iron have black residue? If you see black residue in your cast iron skillet, it is usually a sign that the seasoning has started to come off. This residue consists of dietary iron, and it isn't harmful. However, it is a sign that the pan needs to be re-seasoned.
- What happens when you mix vinegar and aluminum foil? Reynold's says a reaction happens when aluminum foil comes in contact with salt, vinegar, highly acidic foods -- such as tomatoes -- or highly spiced foods. The foil seems to dissolve or get eaten away, but what happens is it turns into an aluminum salt.
- How do you remove starch build up from an iron? Do you love starch on your shirt collar, but not on your iron? To prevent starch build up on your iron, soak a washcloth in white vinegar, wring it out and iron it with your iron on the warm setting. The starch residue will transfer from your iron to the cloth, and your sticky situation is gone.