What hooks do burbot like?September 22, 2022
Why should the burette be rinsed with NaOH before it is filled?September 22, 2022
If the burette is not completely dry by the time you use it, the remaining traces of water on the inside will make your titrant more dilute and thereby change its concentration.
- How do you sterilize plastic bottles? Sanitize with a dilute bleach solution by rinsing the inside of the bottle with a dilute bleach solution. Use 1 teaspoon bleach per quart of water. Allow the bottle to thoroughly air-dry after washing and sanitizing.
- Do you dilute vinegar to kill mold? Pour plain, white distilled vinegar into a spray bottle. Because mold is such a resilient force, it's best not to dilute the vinegar. Spray the vinegar directly onto the mold, and let it sit for at least an hour without rinsing or scrubbing so that the vinegar gets completely absorbed by the mold.
- Why is it necessary to remove bubbles from the tap and tip of the burette? If an air bubble exits the tip during a titration that volume of air will be registered as some of the volume of titrant that left the buret. This means that the volume of liquid delivered thru the tip will not be the amount calculated by subtracting the final buret reading from the initial buret reading.
- Why do we rinse the burette with distilled water first? The scale on its side allows the amount of solution that's been allowed to flow out to be read off. As with the pipette, the burette should be rinsed with distilled water followed by the solution it is to be filled with to avoid contamination issues.
- Why is burette rinsed with distilled water? The burettes and pipettes are washed with distilled water before titration and not with tap water as tap water contains dissolved ions that may react with the analyte and the titrant to give unwanted products.
- Why are air bubbles in the buret bad? Air bubbles are trapped in burette and tubes. They lead to inaccurate dosing where the system believes the bubble is titrant and gives falsely high results. Furthermore air bubbles of different sizes lead to result variation.